£40000 - £50000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Expanding Organisation currently seek a Newly Qualified Management Accountant to join their team based in West London. This commercial position is a key role in finance but also the surrounding business. As Management Accountant, your responsibilities will include overseeing end-to-end finance operations, financial planning and analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, looking to make improvements to procedures and controls, as well as ad-hoc projects and requests as and when they come up. The Management Accountant would be newly qualified or in the latter stage of their studies.
Duties of the Management Accountant include:
- Be a conduit between Finance and non-finance departments, to ensure that there is a communication flow where problems and enquires can be raised and resolved.
- Drive the continuous improvement of end-to-end accounting practices.
- Prepare and post monthly accruals, prepayments, and similar accounting entries.
- Preparing the monthly management accounts, budgets, and forecasts to aid business planning
- Managing end-to-end audit process of current systems
- Advising on the financial implications of business decisions
- Developing and managing financial systems & policies, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Controlling and forecasting income and expenditure, and ensuring expenditure is in line with the budget
- Continually identify risks to delivery, propose solutions where necessary
- Offering professional input on financial matters and advising on ways of improving business performance
- Effectively communicating financial data to non-financial managers
- Dealing with working capital management and production of cash flow forecast.
Skills & Qualifications for the Management Accountant:
Skills & Qualifications:
- Newly qualified/Finalist
- University degree or equivalent professional qualification.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Relationship & people management ability, networking & creative problem solving.
- Professionalism and integrity are essential.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proven ability of working to a high standard while multi-tasking.
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors.
- Great knowledge of MS Office Suite, particularly excel and excel functions.
- Knowledge of accounting practices.
- Ability to follow and implement company policies, processes, and procedures.
- Critical and strategic thinking skills are key, and these professionals should be highly organised in their approach.
- A solid commercial awareness is required, as is the ability to liaise and influence at a senior level.
- Knowledge of accounting terms and concepts
- Understanding of finance regulations and legislation
- Strategic thinking