City of London
£40000 - £45000 per annum
13 days ago
- KennedyPearce are partnering with a privatley owened advertising, technology website based in the Westend
- Permanent vacancy for a motivated fully Finalist/ Newly qualified level Management Accountant
- Reporting to the FD within a team of 6
- Benefits include healthcare, birthday off, increase annual leave startign at 25 days, discounted gym, life and critical illness cover
- Study support and Hybrid working
You will be exposed to all accounting functions within the business. You will be required to understand all aspects of management reporting and take full responsibility for all Cost recognition for the Group. You will be expected to develop an understanding of accounting processes, produce monthly management accounts packs and assist in providing a commercial view to the business.
As a Management Accountant you will:
Understand Current Financial Performance Across the Brands - 30%
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management account packs.
- Work with the financial reporting team to provide robust weekly cash reports.
- Ensure tight controls and accurate Cost recognition across the individual entities and at a Group level.
- Conduct monthly Balance sheets and P&L's reviews for respective business areas.
- Assist the management accounts function in the development improvement of current processes/ functionality.
- Assist in managing quarterly intercompany and group recharges.
- Take responsibility for quarterly EU/UK Vat sales submissions
- Understand the group consolidation process and ensure checks are in place to prevent any errors from occurring.
- Where necessary, have strong involvement in the Group Audit.
Cost reporting - 40%
- Aid the team in understanding what drives the business and how reporting tools can be used to add value to the business/ tech teams.
- Provide monthly flash P&L reports highlighting variances against budget and explain how these occurred versus plan.
- Provide a quarterly summary of material deviations from business plans and provide awareness on potential opportunities/ Risks to the business.
- Help the business understand where they may be potential reporting gaps and understand the discrepancies between the individual systems.
Accounts Receivable/ Payable - 15%
- Work towards fully understanding both the accounts payable and receivables process. Be able to fully run and provide cover to the team when needed in these functions.
- Understanding how AP/ AR modules fit into the reporting function of the team.
- A hands on approach as and when required to provide cover for the functions.
AD Hoc tasks and analysis - 15%
- Monthly/ Quarterly tax filings for individual group entities.
- Ad Hoc projects/ requests/ queries coming from the business teams.
Key Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified Accountant
- Good working knowledge of Excel or other planning and reporting tools
- Understanding of Accounting principles/IFRS standards
- Experience producing full set of management accounts, budgets and forecasts and business partnering with non-finance stakeholders