Our Client seeks a Qualified Management Accountant to join their business on a permanent basis. The Management Accountant role would suit an individual looking to develop their career in a unique and progressive environment. Reporting to the Financial Controller and Finance Director, the position will be part of the UK shared services.
This Organisation has recently gone live with Dynamics 365 Business Central and as such, previous experience of Dynamics 365 is a prerequisite to be able to deliver the full requirements of this role. The role will involve working closely with a number of finance functions and will also involve business partnering with various business functions and project management teams.
Duties of the Management Accountant would include:
- Analysing and reviewing budgets and forecasts and challenging stakeholders where necessary.
- Preparing cash flow forecasts with subsequent analysis.
- Assisting with monthly reconciliations and reporting
- Assist in the external audit process and deal with auditor requests on a timely basis.
- Assist with the management of relationships with external professional advisors including external auditors and corporate tax advisors.
- KPI analysis.
- Assisting with year-end reporting requirements and preparation for the annual audit of the company.
- Preparation of management information and project controls.
- Contribute to and lead, where necessary, on the development of systems, control processes and risk management arrangements that comply with both internal and external governance and best practice requirements.
- Constantly review financial operations to ensure that appropriate accounting processes are being correctly followed.
- Recommend and implement changes to processes where appropriate.
- Produce financial and management information on an ad-hoc basis.
- Review and reconcile Balance Sheet items.
- Highlight any areas of unmanaged risk or unique risks that are not otherwise addressed in the finance function.
- Complete quarterly vat returns where necessary.
Requirements for the Management Accountant include:
- A recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a professional services business.
- Extensive experience of using Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Experience and expertise with Power BI.
- Good understanding of project orientated businesses and the financial treatment around revenue recognition, project costs and WIP.
- Proven knowledge of key processes for a full accounting function including preparation of annual financial statements (UK GAAP) and comprehensive understanding of accounting entries.
- Ability to prepare forecasts and budgets.
- Ability to negotiate and influence.
- Risk assessment and management capability.
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically.