Our Client seeks a Qualified Management Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis. This is a commercial role so the Management Accountant would require strong business partnering skills and advanced Excel skills.
This position will have an active role being part of a business-critical function responsible for submitting forecast, budget, KPI, financial modelling, actuals, ad hoc and other projection reports to the controlling group.
The Management Accountant would be a detailed oriented individual who is proactive, enthusiastic, and ready to get stuck in with a busy team together with a proven track record of delivering accurate reporting in a time pressured environment, supporting executive level decision making. Great opportunity to grow within the company.
Duties of the Management Accountant include:
- Building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with all senior managers and their teams
- Preparing, analysing, and reporting key variances in month end closing to senior management team, focussing on accuracy, and remaining cost of delivery
- Prepare and report on key financial drivers impacting the productivity within the delivery units.
- Providing FP&A support across the business to both finance and non - finance stakeholders
- Review and challenge business owners on contract performance and cost spends as required whilst supporting to fully understand their financial performances.
- Delivery of monthly actuals, budgets, presentations, rolling forecast and business unit cross charges within tight deadlines set by group.
- Undertake regular meetings and support managers in achieving their financial objectives.
- Coordinate and deliver annual training to business managers and their teams.
- Perform financial modelling (delta analysis) on new and existing contracts to obtain assurance on full cost recovery plus mark up, highlight areas to improve and support on improvement measures.
- Continually support business owners to evaluate the effectiveness of operational procedures and controls to maximize departmental productivity and minimise error.
- Collaborate with colleagues cross-functionally to increase efficiency in financial processes, ensuring robust controls are in place.
- Expected to work closely with Head of Controlling on various business proposals supporting growth and investment initiatives.
- Identify and flag business risks, cost control and governance.
- Undertake any other duties deemed reasonable in pursuit of business' needs.
Requirements for the Management Accountant include:
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- SAP, Power BI, and VBA knowledge would be a plus.
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience of working in corporate environment
- Proven ability to effectively plan, forecast and prepare management accounts.
- Proactive, enthusiastic, helpful, and ready to get stuck in with a busy team.
- Able to work on multiple tasks during busy periods and delivering independently within tight deadlines.