South West London, London
£65000 - £75000 per annum
8 months ago
International real estate development, investment and capital management company, are looking to recruit a Manager to join it's expanding Student Housing Asset Management department.
You will assist with formulating and executing asset management strategies for our client's student housing assets based in the UK. You will be involved in asset and portfolio reporting, budgeting, formulating and executing asset enhancement initiatives, in order to optimise income and realise the highest value of our assets. You will also prepare and maintain financial reports and variance analysis, prepare and monitor budgets and assist with financial modelling of assets, portfolio and funds. Other responsibilities include working closely with external property managers to ensure that the assets are properly maintained while building strong relationships with tenants and coordinating with external parties. To succeed in this role, you should be a good team player, possess a high level of initiative and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, being hands-on and resourceful. You should also possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Other responsibilities will include;
- Preparing, or assisting asset managers in the preparation of, monthly and quarterly separate, (plus annual budget exercise and reforecast) property and finance reports for submission to board members and senior management
- Preparing, or assisting asset managers in the preparation of, approval papers to incur expenditure, appoint external parties and document lease transactions
- Liaising with finance and property management teams to ensure all billings are invoiced correctly, fully collected and appropriately accounted for
- Liaising with asset managers, property managers and finance to ensure that all invoices received are processed correctly and paid in a timely matter
- Monthly non-financial information submitted to International teams incorporating occupancy reports and tenant uploads combined with explanations on differences and movements
- Providing variance analysis to the corporate accounting teams within tight deadlines, while being able to explain any nuances of UK real estate market to all parties.
- Providing ad hoc budget information to asset managers including update of monthly tenancy changes
- Constant level of interaction with the external parties including property managers and administrators.
- Working with the asset managers on the budgeting and forecasting for all UK assets (budgeting on an annual basis and bi-annual reforecasting)
- Preparing presentations to the board and senior management teams on budget tracking, forecasts, variances and ad hoc queries relating to these.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience/skills;
- Experience in / exposure to the student accommodation sector.
- Sound understanding of the property sector.
- Minimum of eight (8) years' relevant experience in advanced financial modelling / analysis.
- Experience working with large excel financial models.
- Degree in Real Estate, Finance or equivalent.
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel, able to develop Excel financial models.
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal skills, able to interface with colleagues internally and on a cross-border/remote basis and third parties.