West End, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum
9 months ago
Our client, a London-based alternative investment fund, are looking to recruit a Middle Office Associate following recent internal promotions. The Associate will join the Operations team of 10 people based in London. Reporting to the Head of Operations and Operations Supervisor, the Associate will be responsible for the operational support of any number of the following instruments: cash equities & bonds, CFDs, F&O, CDS (single names, indices & options), bank debt, real estate loans, FX.
Main responsibilities of the Middle Office Associate will include;
- Confirmation and closing of secondary loan trades, together with the ongoing maintenance of open positions.
- Compiling & reviewing daily/weekly/monthly P&Ls for various funds, understanding how the various inputs affect the NAV.
- Share class hedging - understanding and processing hedging for the various funds.
- Working closely with Prime Brokers, Custodians and Administrators to reconcile cash, positions, static data across a broad product range to ensure the funds have accurate positions and cash for their NAV production.
- Involvement in various initiatives across the firm from process improvements, technology, fund launches and regulatory projects.
- Encouragement to train / learn on the job and outside of work. Guidance will be provided to keep the candidate developing.
- Deep understanding of how products work, including calculating cash flows and settling financing.
To be considered for the Middle Office Associate position, ideal candidates
- Should possess a good undergraduate degree with strong academics.
- Should possess Middle Office experience, preferably within a fund/asset manager or top tier investment bank and have experience with at least one of the products listed.
- Should be keen to gain exposure to a wide variety of products and processes.
- Will be required to use their own initiative from time to time, as well as to work within the team to establish improved operational procedures.
- Should have good interpersonal skills, enjoy teamwork and be able to perform well in a dynamic and fast paced environment.