City of London, London
£50000 - £55000 per annum + bonus & excellent pension scheme
4 months ago
KennedyPearce are currently recruiting a Newly Qualified Accountant on behalf of leading Asset Manager in the heart of the city.
This Accountant will cover areas across Financial Accounts, Management Accounts & Budgeting and forecasting. The role will be based in a medium sized finance team over-viewing the work of some direct reports.
The role interacts with a wide cross section of departments within the firm to coordinate the receipt and analysis of information required to fulfil internal and external financial reporting requirements. The Accountant is also expected to respond to enquiries from internal and external auditors on areas of work for which he/she is responsible.
- Assist in tracking key projects and related milestones
- Track statutory filings (financial statement and income tax return) from the international subsidiaries and provide timely reporting and status updates. Proactively work with teams to ensure timely filings. In addition, determine the best method for acquiring and maintaining this information
- Participate in and drive strategic initiatives that cross multiple functions and entities throughout the segment
- Help drive accounting consistency and process improvements throughout the segment
- Analyse complex accounting processes, information and results
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or equivalent
- Educated to degree level - 2:1 or above
- Significant relevant accounting experience
- Statutory financial accounts preparation and/or audit experience on financial accounts
- Strong numerical and financial skills with the ability to interpret financial information
- Fully competent in own practise area
- Working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Excel
This role is paying £50k - £55k + up to 20% bonus and other benefits