Back to jobs
News and Digital Editor
- Posted 22 July 2022
- Salary £30000 - £35000 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineHR & Executive Support
- Contact NameMegan Cox
An exciting opportunity has become available working as an News and Digital Editor for a fantastic Organization.
This is a permanent position, Based in the City of London.
As an Deputy and Commissioning Editor you will be required to fulfil deputy duties Via supporting other members of the team and filling in for the Editor when required, which involves support on the production aspects of the magazine.
Key Responsibilities for News and Digital Editor:
- Responsibility for planning, development and execution of the news and professional development sections with support from and in collaboration with the Staff Writer.
- Develop the writing and reporting skills of the Staff Writer and planning their workload with oversight from the Editor.
- Proactively search for Leads
- Source and write incisive news stories, longer special reports, profile pieces and other long-form articles as required
- Source images for articles
- Take responsibility for allocated pages through to the print production process.
- Proofreading for all copy across the company
- Work closely with the other teams to help with the content
- Overseeing and maintaining the magazines' social media channels and uploading magazine content to the website
- Dealing with the news reports and weekly coverage
- Attending events and networking
- Proven ability to write incisive, well-structured news, news features and profile pieces within a print magazine and/or online communications environment
- Be able to conduct interviews
- Able to develop content and generate new story ideas
- Ability to cultivate contacts and establish links with contributors and organisations
- Some experience dealing with workloads reports
- High attention to detail, strong proofreading and sub-editing skills
- Ability to work to different deadlines
- Experience of InDesign for sub-editing
- Confidence with scientific/technical material and explaining complex concepts
- Good proficiency with social media platforms
- Knowledge/understanding of CMS and SEO
This is a permanent position paying £30,000 - £35,000 + Hybrid working based The City of London.