£35000 - £40000 per annum + + Benefits
about 2 months ago
Oracle Database Analyst
Salary: £35k - £45k + Benefits
I am currently recruiting for an exciting job opportunity as an Oracle Database Analyst to join a well-established financial services client based in Northwich. The ideal candidate will be an experienced IT Databased Analyst with a wealth of Oracle database experience whilst working within a systems team.
Core Responsibilities as an Oracle Database Analyst:
The role will be responsible for managing and administering the Oracle and SQL Server databases including the Windows and Linux platforms they are running on. Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that the databases are managed and administered efficiently.
- Manage the underlying Windows and Linux database platforms to improve database efficiency and minimise downtime.
- Contribute to the development, testing and implementation of software, systems and enhancements to the databases and core processing systems and platforms.
- Provide third-line support for system issues and queries.
- Define and recommend technical solutions for projects and contribute to strategic planning activities, conducting research and acting as technical lead.
- Produce quality documentation including proposals and reports on a variety of technical matters.
- Work on a rota basis performing the End of Day process and assisting with out of hours on-call support.
Core Skill's Required as an Oracle Database Analyst
- Management and administration of Oracle 11G and above databases.
- Experience of upgrades between Oracle database versions.
- Experience of database licence compliance.
- Microsoft SQL Server knowledge preferable.
- Management and administration of underlying Windows Server and Linux operating system platforms.
- Strong SQL skills, preferably using PL/SQL.
- Systems and UAT testing.
- Knowledge of Oracle APEX preferred.
- Previous experience of working in a Financial Institution preferred.
For more information please get in contact with Shane White Immediately