City of London, London
£20000 - £24000 per annum
11 months ago
We are seeking to recruit a Paralegal to work within our Housing Management and Property Litigation Team. The successful candidate will assist the Solicitors with their work as well as building their own caseload.
This is for an established Law firm based in the heart of Central London with over 5 offices in England and Wales.
The Candidate as Paralegal
- We are looking for someone with strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and who is able to manage their own caseload with accuracy and a highly efficient level of time management.
- This is a demanding role that will require flexibility and the ability to successfully prioritise competing demands.
- The successful candidate will gain excellent exposure to a broad range of property work in a busy and friendly team.
Main Responsibilities as a Paralegal
- Assist solicitors and other fee earners in the day to day running of files;
- Draft and prepare claim forms, pleadings and witness statements for the County Court, ensuring all are prepared as soon in advance as possible;
- Efficiently manage a large number of deadlines relating to a variety of cases at any one time;
- Prepare trial bundles;
- Liaise with Court prior to trials to ensure necessary paperwork is sent and received and follow up on late/lost paperwork;
- Attending Court to assist Barristers and other fee-earners;
- Conduct advocacy in the County Court on routine matters;
- Assist with enquiries made by clients, Barristers and other fee earners, chasing paperwork where necessary;
Essential skills and requirements
- Property Litigation experience is a must
- You will have an appropriate degree in Law or equivalent (or appropriate conversion) or an appropriate subject;
- You will have successfully completed or be in the course of undertaking the LPC or be studying CILEX;
- You will have good experience in a similar role and possess solid drafting skills;