City of London, London
£25000.00 - £27000.00 per annum + & benefits and bonus
5 months ago
Paralegal - Employment
City of London / Remote
Up to £27,000
Must have Employment Experience.
My Client are a leading UK Law firm, they provide legal services throughout England and Wales. They are a are a "full service" firm with specialists in Banking, Commercial/Corporate, Litigation, Housing, Employment, Projects & Property.
Due to significant growth, and a rise in workload they are on the hunt for a Paralegal with experience within Employment, to join their team on a permanent basis.
They are looking for someone with prior contentious experience in an Employment department who will be able to join their busy team and be an immediate benefit. In return, you will get in-depth involvement in Employment Tribunal cases and the opportunity to assist in other areas of employment law too.
Responsibilities of the Paralegal:
- Supporting team members with the conduct of Employment Tribunal claims
- Drafting defences to tribunal claims and witness statements;
- Reviewing documents and disclosure;
- Drafting correspondences to opposing Solicitors/Clients/Tribunals;
- Liaising with Counsel in advance of hearings;
- Attending hearings/client meetings and taking notes;
- General administrative tasks such as putting together trial bundles and
- delivering documents to Tribunal.
- Putting together Settlement Agreements and COT3s;
- Researching different aspects of law;
- Any other reasonable duties as requested.
Attributes the Paralegal should have:
- Prior contentious paralegal experience in an Employment team;
- Minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent in Law (or appropriate conversion);
- Successful completion of the LPC;
- Good drafting skills;
- Excellent administration skills, organisation and attention to detail;
- Ability to conduct effective legal research;
- Competent in all MS Office applications
Perks of working here as a Paralegal:
- Flexible working
- Professional development programmes / training / coaching
- Pension, benefits, bonuses
- Salary reviews yearly