City of London, London
£80000 - £90000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
Portfolio Manager - up to £90,000
Our client a Leading Global Investment House are looking to hire a Portfolio Manager within Transition Management.
The individual will assume shared responsibility for the daily implementation of transition events for transition management clients. This will require active involvement in the Pre Transition, Implementation and Post Transition stage of each transition event, including the development of the most cost-effective transition strategy for clients and the oversight and active participation in the research of various multi asset class trading strategies.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct across the business.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance.
- Actively participate in the team responsible for the overall planning and implementation of transition events (equity and fixed income) for EMEA based clients.
- Oversee the communication of the transition strategy to clients and other parties involved in the transition and liaise with the team globally. Daily contact with assigned clients throughout the transition process, from the development of appropriate transition strategies to the timely production and presentation of post transition reporting.
- Strategy development and implementation of transition events through the detailed analysis of portfolio attributes. Management and recommendation of strategy in all stages of a transition proposal, (pre, intra and post). This is accomplished through the use of risk models, optimization systems and other trade analytics systems. Research implementation costs associated with various strategies and implement the most cost-effective strategy.
- Provide training and oversight to more junior members of the team.
- In addition, this role will require the associate to actively assist in the sales process, through the preparation and delivery of pre and post transition reports. The associate will also be required to accompany the sales/ service team to face to face meetings with consultants, prospects and existing clients.
Enhance transition process
- Work closely with the global team to continue to develop and upgrade Transition Product. This is accomplished through identifying inefficiencies or opportunities for improvement with the current process, drafting an action plan, and taking accountability for implementing the project.
- Maintain relationships with clients, competitors, consultants, Portfolio managers and business leads to help maintain market leading position and to continually improve the technical product as well our ability to position ourselves competitively.
Must have experience:
- 2 years' experience in a Portfolio Management position
- Extensive investment/asset management/analytical/trading experience
- Knowledge of capital markets, portfolio management strategies, and statistical analysis
- Knowledge of security trading costs and settlement and clearing practices, and the global securities markets
- Highly proficient with software applications