£60000 - £70000 per annum
14 days ago
Prestigious International Bank based in the West End of London, are looking to recruit a Private Banking Relationship Manager.
Main functions of the PB Relationship Manager will include:
- Manage a portfolio of clients to ensure all their banking requirements in the UK (and beyond) are taken care of.
- Ensure there is an active calling program and to cross sell the banks products to clients, with special focus on clients looking to invest in UK property.
- Active communication with respective units and RMs in Head Office where required.
- To ensure sufficient information is obtained to prepare any credit proposals and assist in this endeavour.
- Ensure KYC is updated on all accounts, as per segmentation and AML procedures, and to ensure annual reviews of client credit facilities are done on time.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- To manage Private Banking relationships under your assigned portfolio. You will be expected to be 'on call' at all times, including outside normal branch working hours, to take calls from clients and assist them with any banking requirement. You will need to follow up with support areas of the branch, or head office, on specific requests to ensure a quick and efficient service is provided. Active communication is required between relationship managers in Head Office and London, working under a pronounced teamwork application.
- To maintain close and regular contact with the allocated clients and anticipate their needs as well as cross sell the banks services. The RM is basically responsible for all activity on a client account. There should be at least one call to each customer each month evidenced by call reports.
- You will need to be able to search for potential properties for clients (mainly in Central London) and if required arrange for viewings and accompany them. Where finance is required you will need to assist in providing information on the client to the respective officer/analyst in London and ensure the credit application is prepared within the required timeline and in a way that allows the risks to be correctly analysed. As part of this process you must be able to negotiate terms directly with the client, seek out financial information and gain the support of business units (where applicable) within the bank. You must ensure you review any documentation sent to assigned clients to ensure it is acceptable and as the client requires.
- Cross Selling existing products to clients and where required develop solutions that may lead to potential new products for private clients. This may include having to structure deals on an Islamic basis in future when the product is available.
- Ensure new account applications are channelled through the agreed process and due attention is applied to ensure the opening process is as smooth and quick as possible.
- Responsibility to ensure electronic cards and other ancillary items is managed under a streamlined process. To correctly delegate in order to ensure the service delivery to the customer is obtained. If you are given any specific credit authorities i,e. to adjust limits on credit cards, or allow temporary overdrafts, then these must be used wisely and within the confines of the credit policies of the bank and the limits allocated.
- To ensure Branch Management is kept up to date on all relevant matters on Private Banking accounts.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must be able to speak fluent Arabic.