City of London, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum
6 months ago
Product Controller to work in the City. The role will focus on PL review as well as some production for a forward looking team keen to take on someone with previous Product Control experience and ambition.
Alongside Product Control experience (from Banking, Asset Management and Hedge Funds) our client will consider you if you have drive and a positive attitude. Key is personality and leadership qualities, you will be able to challenge what they are doing and bring in change. They have numerous automation and robotics initiatives and, although they do not want to change things for the sake of it, they are seeking someone to come on board who has ideas and enthusiasm to making efficiency's. The role will have a significant impact on the progression of the team and to you in your career.
The role will involve facing off to traders and other key stakeholders such as the price verification team, financial control (month-end reconciliations) and the middle office (trade capture) team.
The duties will include the following:
- Manage the production and analysis of daily P&L and risk sensitivities.
- Obtain necessary sign-off from Front-Office (Traders) of the reported Risk and P/L
- Preparation of daily reporting for review and submission to stakeholders
- Liaises with other teams to ensure breaks are cleared on a timely basis
- Month end process ensuring all month end requirements set by the Financial Controllers are met, within a specified timetable
- Manage relationships with controlling management, financial control, middle office, legal, market risk management
- Balance sheet substantiation
You must have product control or related experience from a Bank/Hedge Fund/Financial Services and a relevant degree. You will ideally be a Qualified Accountant but this is not essential. You will have excellent attention to detail and the ability to analyse problems and implement solutions. You will also have a willingness to learn and be interested in the products and in being challenged.