£60000 - £65000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Project Accountant opportunity for a Qualified Accountant from the construction/ Property industry. This role is a 15-month maternity cover and will begin at the start of July. The desired candidate will have managed construction projects in the past. The role offers flexible working in an established finance team with potential for other roles after the initial 15 month period.
- Project Financial Controls and Reporting
- Ensure that budgets are in place for all development works and that sign-off is obtained before expenditure is committed.
- Review project feasibilities and check that these align to legal contractual structures.
- In liaison with the Development Team, monitor the actual costs incurred against the feasibility and highlight any variances- Ensure variances are investigated and resolved promptly with the appropriate approvals.
- Review the monthly cost report and critically assess the accuracy of the information provided including total forecast cost, budget and any risks and opportunities.
- Assist senior commercial and development staff with their queries as well as provide other internal departments with cost reporting information as required.
- Preparation of monthly cost and income accruals, and monthly project funding requests.
- Reconcile project financial data from existing financial systems and reports.
- Review and appraisal of the spend to date and forecast ensuring reasonableness of spend on a residential block by block basis
- Identifying and reporting of departmental / project Risks and Opportunities.
- Assist with the preparation of the business strategy by collating project data into a workable position so that ongoing reporting becomes as automated as possible.
- Provide detail and support the Development team with any Joint Venture Reporting.
- Other ad-hoc project support and analysis as and when required.
- Work closely with Central Finance, Development Analysts and other operational departments to ensure project financial data reported is complete, accurate and presented in a timely manner.
- Ensure reporting of project financial data complies with relevant statutory regulations and internal policies and procedures.
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified.
- Good excel and analytical skills
- Understanding of accounting standards
- Knowledge of construction VAT rules an advantage