Hammersmith and Fulham, London
£200 - £230 per day
AF - PA - 3947_1630075265
27 days ago
My client is a highly regarded leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise and enjoy a strong reputation for innovation and excellence in the industry.
Following a significant growth, they are now seeking an experienced Project Accountant to join the business to further build the capability of the financial management team. This role offers brilliant potential and a strong package of benefits including ongoing professional development. They are looking for someone who has excellent analytical skills and enjoys working in a challenging and busy environment to support this privately owned companies continued success.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Project Accountant is responsible for preparing, driving, and managing the project accounting, forecasting, and reporting process for our portfolio of commercial and residential projects.
The Project Accountant is also responsible for producing accurate and insightful monthly reports on the performance of these projects to the board and will play an integral part in helping the business plan it's future activities.
Key responsibilities will include
- Preparation, analysis and reporting of relevant financial information including feasibilities, budgets, forecasts, cost control and cash flows for each project integration
- Previous experience of Project integration within a Media environment
- Constructing and posting journals
- Ensuring that project revenue is recognised in accordance with company policy and Accounting standards
- Managing all aspects of accounts payable including invoice entry, payments, and accounts reconciliation
- Managing credit control, accounts receivable collections and reconciliation of customer balances
- Oversight of the operational finance functions including managing compliance requirements, preparation of board packs and year end reporting
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Completion of monthly management reports for ongoing projects including quarterly forecasting, variance analysis of budget tracking against actual and forecast
- Maintenance of the general ledger and ensuring its accuracy and data integrity
- Review and enhance existing financial and administrative procedures and policies, ensuring operational processes meet regulatory requirements
Along with working with a reputable business, you will be rewarded with an opportunity to work within a flexible and busy environment where you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to grow and develop.
An attractive package is available and will be paid commensurate to the successful applicant's experience, qualifications, and personal attributes.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Studying towards a relevant tertiary degree (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Demonstrated financial accounting/audit experience coupled with strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Experience using SAP accounting system
- 2-5 years' experience working as a Project Accountant in the Media sector is highly desirable
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to work under pressure, analyse critically and work effectively under limited supervision
- An ability to engage and work closely with business/functions and collaborate effectively with peers and internal/external stakeholders
- An ability to manage and prioritise work activities to meet finance team deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office skills, particularly Microsoft excel