£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits
13 days ago
An exciting opportunity has become available working as a Project Officer for our client, an Educational Training company on a 12 month maternity cover.
Our client is a government backed company focusing on the Further Education and Training Sector, where the idea is to grow the strength and capability within the Further Education profession. You will be working closely with other teams within the company to ensure cohesion between design, development, engagement and communications in delivering programs.
You will be reporting directly into the Performance (Project) Manager and will be responsible for supporting the management of programs and providing support to the Performance Managers and Head of Performance Management. The team is responsible for driving performance improvements and managing delivery in line with expectations. The team will also contribute to procurement activity in the selection of partners and subcontractors.
- Track and monitor programme activity and key performance indicators across the team.
- Lead and manage aspects of projects and small projects where required.
- Support the Performance Managers to contract manage large programmes of work.
- Track and monitor programme budgets across the team working with the Performance Managers to maximise budget spending.
- Support subcontractor review meetings.
- Provide Admin support across the team including working closely with contractors.
- Support Performance Managers to monitor project plans and risk registers.
- Manage and update plans, risk registers and action logs on a regular basis.
- Work with contractors and colleagues in the Marketing and Communications team to ensure that the communications for specific projects are timely, branded correctly and aligned with other communication activities.
- Staffing the stand at conferences utilising a clear understanding of programmes delivered.
- Organising events and meetings with stakeholders and delivery partners, including input into content and writing reports.
- Provide briefings and other reports to support activities as required.
Skills and experiences
- Educated to degree level
- Strategic and analytical skills
- Self motivated and proactive, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Build and maintain networks and senior level relationships
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to reach decisions and judgements based upon a sound evidence base
- Creative thinker with strong problem solving skills
This is a Fixed Term Contract for 12 months (maternity cover). This role is paying up to £45,000 with company benefits