£35000 - £45000 per annum
over 1 year ago
The client is a privately held property investment company based in Mayfair, London.
With a small core team, they take an entrepreneurial approach and have a quick and clear decision-making process which enables them to maximise returns from niche market sectors.
As the business continues to grow the need for a Property Accountant has arisen to ensure the finance function keeps pace.
- Preparation of internal management reports - monthly/quarterly management accounts across the two entities.
- Posting and overseeing of the month-end and quarter-end journals.
- Liaising with Development Managers to provide accurate tracking and recording of project costing for monthly review and cash flowing purposes.
- Ensuring completeness and validity of lease data held in the property management software.
- Review quarterly VAT returns across the Group, ensuring compliance with latest HMRC regulations.
- Preparation and submission of the monthly Construction Industry Scheme returns.
- Working alongside the Finance Assistant to provide oversight and reviewal of the internal Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions at regular intervals.
- Review of bank reconciliations.
- Working alongside the Head of Finance in preparing year-end working papers and statutory accounts across the Group ready for audit.
- Assistance in Group Treasury functions.
- Other financial reporting required in relation to property tenancies.
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent skills using Excel and industry-wide software; including Sage
- Demonstrate analytical capabilities
- An understanding of the property sector and/or property management systems
- Highly motivated; and the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail with good writing skills