Kennedypearce are working with a large insurance firm who are looking for a Receptionist. This role is 5 days a week in the office, paying £35K and based in the City. Working hours being 8:30-5:30pm.
The role of the Receptionist is to provide first-class customer service via the effective handling of all internal and external telephone calls and of visitors to the building as well as providing efficient support to the front of house team. This role will be expected to provide some administrative support.
Main duties include
- Based on reception; to answer all internal and external telephone calls in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Meet and greet clients.
- Manage the meeting room diary.
- Respond to emails quickly and efficiently.
- Deal with collections and deliveries, and distribute as required.
- Arrange couriers and taxis.
- Assist with daily queries, both internal and external.
- Be able to help where and as needed with the Housekeeping and Facilities team.
- Maintain standards of all front-of-house and client-facing areas, ensuring meeting rooms are presentable immediately before and after meetings.
- Postal duties.
- Handling some invoicing/credit card purchases.
- Order stationery for the office.
- Work in an organised manner, keeping the work area tidy in line with the company written standards.
- This role requires candidates to be immaculately presented, to have excellent customer service skills and to work to very high standards within their remit.
- Manage overseas visitors log and subsequent reporting.
- Other ad hoc duties to support the office.
- Undertake a proactive role within the office to ensure the smooth running of that office and facilities within it.
- First Class client facing skills.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels confidently and professionally.
- Ability to resolve problems quickly, efficiently and in a calm manner.
- Being able to handle multi-tasking.
- Polite and articulate with a polished and professional approach.
- Enthusiastic and approachable.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Flexible to cover holiday, sickness absence as well as changing business requirements.
- Strong IT skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Good knowledge of Outlook / Knowledge of MS systems such as Excel - VLOOKUP and pivot tables
- Insurance knowledge highly desirable but not essential.