West End, London
Up to £80000 per annum + Benefits
2 months ago
An exciting opportunity has become available working as a Regulatory and Government Affairs Manager for a Global FMCG Brand.
As the Regulatory and Government Affairs Manager you will be responsible for advising on product and labelling related regulatory compliance, reviewing and advising on marketing collateral, and monitoring of key regulatory and government changes that impact the company's compliances and strategic interests. This involves instructing and managing external legal counsels and directly providing legal/regulatory support to key internal stakeholders.
- Work with key business stakeholders (Labelling, Marketing, Operations, Finance, Science) on key projects and initiatives to ensure regulatory compliance and the success of regulatory strategies.
- Legal review of marketing collateral and provision of related advice to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Support the business with applications to Regulatory Authorities for regulatory permissions on and as needed basis and any required regulatory checks or approvals.
- Work with external counsels on relevant legal tasks, including managing the timely and cost-efficient use of external consultants.
- Monitor, analyse and report on relevant industry, regulatory and Government developments across the region, from both a food law and public policy perspective.
- Where required, collaborate with external stakeholders to promote the company's strategic interests.
- Review and provide input on relevant policy processes and public consultations provided by government, industry or community organisations/stakeholders.
- Assist country business teams with internal and external inquiries related to products and/or regulatory compliance.
- Align with the Global Head of Regulatory and Government Affairs on key tasks, strategies and approaches.
- Protect and enhance the companies reputation as a credible, transparent and respected business and brand.
Education and Experience
- LLB or comparable Law Degree.
- Admitted and currently qualified to practise law in the United Kingdom.
- Approximately 3+ years legal experience.
- Experience with UK Government policy processes.
- Experience in a global organisation is desirable.
- Familiarity with regulators, government and political and consumer products.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact at high level and under pressure. Ability to build trust and promote confidence both externally and internally.
- Results driven self-starter with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a high risk/importance, fast paced dynamic regulatory environment. Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills as well as judgment.
- Ability to be commercially focused and provide solutions orientated advice.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations and other educational tools to train businesses. Effective relationship building and collaboration skills.
- Sound knowledge of the legislative/regulatory environment in the UK, EU law, food law, science and sustainability trends and related topics advantageous.
- High resilience and high degree of flexibility, willingness and ready to travel on short notice.
This is a Maternity cover for 6 - 9 months. Paying £80,000 per annum.