City of London, London
£45000 - £50000 per annum
27 days ago
Our client, a global trading company based in the City of London are looking to hire a Risk Analyst to join Trade Risk Management department. You'll report directly to the Assistant Manager and indirectly to the Department General Manager ('DGM') of Trade Risk Management Department. You'll support and develop the Trade Risk Management function within the company by providing analytical expertise to support the day to day operations of the team, providing a high level of service to business departments, reviewing and proposing new ways of working where appropriate and challenging the current way of thinking and planning.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Support for business departments and internal group companies for controlling risk and enhancing profit through conducting the function of an "in-house advisor". This is applicable to all stages of trading transactions including the analysis and assessment of risks (mainly credit risk); making suggestions and proposing appropriate solutions to the business departments.
- Day to day risk management routines (e.g. internal credit application handling, credit balance monitoring, etc.)
- Customer visits in relation to risk management matters upon the business departments' request
- Making suggestions and proposing solutions for the improvement of credit risk management operations
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- Solid credit and trade risk analysis experience gained in a trading company or financial institution for at least 2 years up to around 5 years.
- Experience liaising with and advising stakeholders at various levels within a multinational environment.
- Experience in working under pressure with strict deadlines.
- Degree qualified in Business, Economics or Accounting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical ability with a capacity to think logically and clearly
- Effective, clear and concise report writing skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Understanding the importance of proper and well-timed information sharing, consulting and reporting