City of London, London
£55000 - £70000 per annum
12 months ago
Global Trading company based in the City, are looking to recruit a Senior Credit Risk Analyst. You'll support and develop the Trade Risk Department within the company by providing analytical expertise to support the day to day operations of the team, providing a high level of service to business departments by effectively manage risks (credit / market / operational / legal / regulatory) throughout the transaction cycle, from pre-transaction consultation to collection.
Main responsibilities of the Senior Credit Risk Analyst will include;
- To support business departments to review transactions following the analysis and assessment of the risks involved in trading businesses in accordance with our client's risk tolerance as an "in-house expert", including post-transaction monitoring.
- To manage the asset exposure at risk of each Business Unit's portfolio (account receivables, inventory, derivative)
- To continuously improve efficiency in the risk management operations by challenging current way of working, thinking and planning and establishing best practices.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- The candidate must: ensure smooth operations of the department, core focus should be to handle risk management duties
- The candidate must have experience in Credit and transaction analysis - well versed with credit assessment
- Ideal background would be Financial institutions or trading companies with export activities
- Ideally someone experienced in commodity trading: metal, energy, soft commodities or agricultural
- English is essential and a European language such as French or Spanish is desirable
- Experience in using S&P Capital IQ, Bloomberg, credit research sources and SAP would be an advantage
- Strong Microsoft Office (especially Excel) skills