City of London, London
£60000 - £70000 per annum
19 days ago
Global Trading company based in the City, are looking to recruit a Senior Credit/Trade Risk Analyst. You'll support and develop the Trade Risk Management function within the company by providing analytical expertise to support the day to day operations of the team, providing a high level of service to business departments by effectively manage risks (credit / market / operational / legal / regulatory) throughout the transaction cycle, from pre-transaction consultation to collection, reviewing and proposing new ways of working where appropriate and challenging the current way of thinking and planning.
Main responsibilities will include;
- To support business departments to review transactions following the analysis and assessment of the risks involved in trading businesses in accordance with our client's risk tolerance as an "in-house expert", including post-transaction monitoring.
- To provide high level of service to Business Units by supporting business development, structured finance activities. Depending on Business Unit, support them in certain projects which contribute to the optimization of existing businesses' earnings and/or the addition of new business models in the portfolio.
- To manage the asset exposure at risk of each Business Unit's portfolio (account receivables, inventory, derivative)
- To liaise with other corporate departments to ensure procedures are followed according to the relevant risk management rules.
- To train and supervise colleagues with less experience, including employees from any of our client's Group companies (e.g. business line companies, other regional offices), and provide support to Department General Manager in the management of selected team members
- To continuously improve efficiency in the risk management operations by challenging current way of working, thinking and planning and establishing best practices.
- To be fully autonomous/independent but appropriately reporting to management.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- The candidate must: ensure smooth operations of the department, core focus should be to handle risk management duties: consultation with the Business Units when new transactions occur, handle transactions smoothly and monitor the transaction performance. Will expect the candidate to spend time to carry out and get up to speed with these key duties
- The candidate must have experience in Credit and transaction analysis - well versed with credit assessment
- Transactional analysis - should have experience in assessing a trading deal
- Preferred background: Financial institutions or trading companies with export activities 5+ years' experience (at least)
- Ideally someone experienced in commodity trading: metal, energy or soft commodities, agricultural
- Team player, flexible, multi-tasking, run many transactions at the same time (typically 10-15 at one time) be curious and grow
- English is essential and a European language such as French or Spanish is desirable
- Willing to consider a candidate who is on a 3-month notice period but ideally wanting a candidate on board sooner rather than later, so can start the training process asap
- Be able to travel once or twice a month to Europe, outside COVID
- Experience in using S&P Capital IQ, Bloomberg, credit research sources and SAP would be an advantage
- Strong Microsoft Office (especially Excel) skills