As part of the internal finance team where you will play a key role in supporting the continued growth in our business and to help drive the ongoing development of our internal finance function.
We are looking for commercially driven, influential and motivated individual, who will work alongside our Products Heads and Group Function Heads as a trusted finance advisor, providing support, guidance and insight to our leadership team on all finance and commercial matters, enabling them to make informed decisions and achieve the overall strategic objectives of the business.
This role provides an opportunity to add strategic value through delivering insightful management information to the business on a timely basis to underpin effective decision making and support the ongoing strong business growth across the jurisdictions in which the business operates. The role will also involve delivery of internal projects and improvement programmes.
- Build strong trusted relationships with business leaders, manage complex priorities, and provide commercial and financial guidance to support delivery of the company's vision
- Work with the wider Finance team to create and provide insightful management information backed up by meaningful analysis for our Products and Services across our multiple jurisdictions
- Oversee working capital improvement programme
- Partner with the business on annual and periodic commercial discussions with clients
- Use solid financial knowledge and business insight to interpret data, draw conclusions, provide insights and make proactive recommendations that deliver results, define improvements, and influence the leadership team
- Support the leadership team, their Products and Functions in the preparation of the annual budget and periodic forecasts ensuring appropriate challenge in establishing stretch but achievable targets
- Be a Finance representative on Product boards
- Support the leadership team in implementing actions from management information, articulate complex financial information in an easy to understand manner, without the use of complex financial jargon
- Ensure appropriate, forward looking decision support is provided to stakeholders
- Be proactive in identifying areas for improvement, and driving forward change and efficiencies
Skills, knowledge, expertise:
- Experience in a senior Finance role, preferably in a business partnering role for a large and complex organisation
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities, business lines and regions.
- Experience of working in a finance function through a substantial change process/ experience of finance project change delivery
- Experience of finance business partnering with the business through transformation process highly desirable
- Demonstrable ability to influence senior personnel within large organisation and help non-finance stakeholders understand their performance and consequent actions
- Preferably hold a relevant professional qualification (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) with significant experience in business partnering and delivering commercial value
- Exposure to financial services, in particular fund services business will be an added advantage
- Sound technical accounting and reporting experience
- Computer literacy and advanced Excel skills are essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to develop close working relationships with colleagues, clients and business contacts
- Uses active listening skills to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusting styles for various audiences to articulate finance issues clearly
- People management experience