City of London, London
£60000 - £65000 per annum
14 days ago
A well known Asset Manager based in the West End with an excellent brand name and strong progression opportunities. This is an ideal opportunity if you have obtained an Accounting Qualification recently (in the last 0-3 years) and you are looking to gain further experience in Financial Accounting. You can be straight from Audit or have gained industry experience
- Production of annual statutory accounts under IFRS and GAAP
- Project manage audit delivery
- Preparation of information for quarterly board meetings
- Ensuring robust controls
- Preparation of VAT and corporate tax returns
- Actively engaging with global finance groups to undertake accounting and controllership activities
- Improving the quality of the financial data
- Making improvements to the efficiency and effectiveness of the team
- Controllership activities consistently throughout the International region
- Participate in global finance re-engineering initiatives.
This position needs you to work collaboratively with management and all staff in the department to share best practice. You will be enhancing operational effectiveness and create awareness of issues throughout the department.
The role needs you to have either Audit experience and an ACA/ACCA Qualification or you will be industry trained in Financial Services (Banking, Asset Management, hedge Funds, Private Equity). Big 4, Top 10 and SME practices all considered.
You must be ambitious and motivated to work for an Asset Manager and be ready to learn quickly and be a proactive team member. You will play an important role in value-add tasks and projects including establishing robust and efficient processes and initiating ideas to make improvements.
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000