City of London, London
£70000 - £80000 per annum
4 months ago
A leading financial services company are looking to hire a Senior Manger to join their Finance team.
As a Senior Manager your role will be to manage a team of accountants, ensuring they are well trained and motivated to deliver excellent client service. You will ensure all tasks are appropriately allocated across the team to meet deadlines and open development opportunity doors for other team members. You will act as the main point of escalation for client queries, you will need a 'can do' attitude and you will have the ability to lead by example. You will need to be highly organised, pay close attention to detail and be keen to cope with multiple tasks, prioritise and provide excellent customer service. You will have extensive knowledge of IFRS and FRS102 and be able to ensure accounts are 100% compliant with these standards.
The successful candidate will have a Big 4 background and financial services experience, along with strong IFRS, managerial and consolidations skill set.
- Prepare consolidated statutory financial statements under UK GAAP ("FRS 102") and IFRSs
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management accounts under UK GAAP ("FRS 101 & FRS 102") and IFRSs.
- Prepare quarterly group consolidated accounts under IFRSs
- Prepare interim financial statements under IFRSs.
- Liaise with companies' auditors and prepare audit files required by the auditors
- Liaise with companies' tax advisers to ensure corporation tax return is filed and on time
- Review financial statements and management accounts prepared by Financial Account Managers and Junior Financial Account Managers
- Complete and submit quarterly VAT returns
- Complete VAT registration for clients and review VAT returns prepared by Financial Account Managers and Junior Financial Account Managers
- Produce ad hoc reports and analysis as and when required by the Client
- Maintain client relationships at the appropriate level and maintain favourable impression of the Company
- Attend board meetings where necessary
- Motivate, guide and support the direct reports, providing high quality, up-to-date information and support
- Reviewing the client invoicing and invoice breakdowns before sign off by the Director to ensure appropriate chargeability and proper invoicing
- Participate in business trips for visiting existing clients, intermediaries and new potential clients
- Qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA)
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP (FRS102) accounting standards
- Financial Services background
- Experience with consolidations - essential
- Management experience
- Demonstrable client relationship skills
- Critical thinker/problem solver
- A highly credible individual with intellectual ability and a hands-on approach
- A high performer and with a proven track record of delivering results and demonstrating leadership
- Excellent English language skills