City of London, London
£80000 - £90000 per annum
8 days ago
Our client, a Professional Services business based in the City are looking to recruit a Senior Manager to join their expanding Capital Markets department. The Capital Markets department serves clients who are executing a wide variety of debt-related transactions including structured finance transactions, asset acquisitions and disposals, secured debt issuance, securitisations, and restructurings. Due to continued growth, an opportunity has arisen for a Senior Manager to join the Capital Markets Business Development Team.
Main Responsibilities will include;
- Manage an existing portfolio of client and intermediary relationships in accordance with client account plans and strategies; act as relationship manager across jurisdiction and service lines
- Actively identify and develop new client and intermediary relationships in accordance with such plans and strategies
- Follow and understand key developments in the capital markets and the implications of such developments for the clients with a view of identifying business opportunities
- Work with clients and intermediaries to understand the requirements of new transactions and to develop bespoke quotations that are appropriately priced and adequately mitigate the risks involved
- Undertake preliminary assessment in accordance with the company risk policies and adequately mitigate the risks involved
- Produce presentations, reports, and pitch books that are tailored to clients
- Actively support the Head of UK Capital Markets towards achieving sales and performance targets for the business
- Work with the operational teams to ensure a smooth handover of new business, and to help resolve any client concerns regarding any existing services provided
- Ensure that the CRM database is kept up to date with account information, contact information, meetings, call reports, and mandate opportunities
- Actively plan, host and participate in and assist with any marketing initiatives whether conferences, seminars, sporting events, digital content, etc.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate at least five years of professional experience in a business development or similar sales role related to debt capital markets. Although not necessary, a 2.1 university degree would be desirable.
- Enjoyment of a sales/origination role, strong desire to achieve and a demonstrable track record in originating sales in financial services market
- Excellent knowledge of securitisation and other forms of structured debt transactions and secured lending arrangements
- Wide network of existing contacts among participants in the debt capital markets (issuers/sponsors, law firms, arrangers, etc.)
- Service-minded with high personal standards of work, and a detail-oriented personality
- Strong level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills, with approachable personality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a demanding workload