City of London, London
£27000 - £30000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our Client a Leading FX and Payments company based in the city of London are looking for a Settlements Administrator to join their dynamic team on a 9 Month Fixed Term Contract.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Settlements Administrator's role is to provide support to ensure that the daily settlement of trades; payment queries and bank reconciliations are carried out effectively and that the necessary controls, policies and procedures are adhered to.
The Settlements Administrator also provides first line support to the Dealing functions and other departments in the company as required. This role requires a hardworking, accurate, team-worker with an analytical mind.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Settlements Administrator will be responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of daily tasks required by the Settlements function which may include:
- Ensuring all monies are processed and allocated within the relevant timeframe
- Ensuring all trades are verified within the relevant timeframe and any discrepancies are reported to the traders or dealers as appropriate
- Ensuring clear communication to dealers or other necessary departments of any delays or return of payments
- Daily reconciliation of accounts
- Ensuring manual payment instructions are keyed and processed within the necessary timeframe
- Daily updates to documents relating to account balances and holding amounts
- Escalation of any problems promptly to the Settlements Manager
- Maintaining and supporting effective relationships with banks and brokers
- Compliance to the relevant regulatory requirements including Safeguarding, GDPR and CASS
- To maintain good working relationships and communication with other departments in the business
- To work effectively within the Settlements team with other colleagues, to co-ordinate and produce results in line with team tasks and goals
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Commitment to maintaining high standards at all times
- Highly organised and able to multi-task and prioritise the most important and urgent tasks at hand
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for the department are: 08:00 - 17:00 and on occasion may be required to work a later shift of 09:00 - 18:00 or earlier shift of 07:00 - 16:00, however the Settlements Administrator will be expected to complete the hours necessary to achieve the expected company standards and performance. To this end the Settlements Administrator will need to be flexible and prepared to work until the job is properly done.