£18000 - £20000 per annum
about 2 months ago
International bank based in Cheshire, are looking to hire a Settlements Officer to join their expanding Operations Department. They're looking for a dynamic team worker who is adaptable and prepared to take on challenging and varied initiatives within a rapidly developing business. Working under your own initiative and across a variety of different business areas you will have experience of delivering excellence as part of a multifunctional team whilst maintaining exceptional levels of quality, professionalism and at all times. The Settlements Officer will be part of a highly effective team and will take an active part in the progression of the Bank as it enters the next stage of growth
Responsibilities will include;
- Inputting/processing /authorising payments
- Carrying out investigations
- Dealing with customer enquiries
- General database maintenance.
- Provide back-office support and service on banking operations.
- Responsible for processing of Customer Transactions: BACS, CHAPS, and International Payments.
- Proactive in proposing and providing processing solutions.
- Inputting Treasury settlements
- FX and Money Markets deposits
- Carrying out Payment investigations
- Processing payments.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have the following experience/skills;
- Relevant experience within a Back office / administration office environment.
- Payments experience is preferred, but not essential.
- Knowledge of Swift Messaging - MT103 / MT202 would be advantageous, but not essential.
- A good attention to detail, adaptability, a keenness to learn and accurate keyboard skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- A good team player, capable of working in a fast paced pressured environment.
- Ability to build relationships effectively, both in the immediate team and wider business.
- Excellent Communication Skills, with ability to provide exceptional levels of customer service.
- Able to work in a fast paced pressured environment, maintaining accuracy and quality.