An excellent opportunity for an Admin/Secretary to support the Regional Officers of this large National Membership Organisation. You will support the Regional Officer in providing highly organised administrative secretarial service and supporting with membership administration.
As the Regional Administrator you will be providing a broad range skill, and working in a small team to ensure members are provided with support and an informative service, and the Regional Officers are supported from head office.
- Provide support to the Regional Officers by using your excellent organisational administrative and secretarial skills.
- First point of contact for post and responding to emails
- Answering calls and providing factual and practical information
- Arranging meetings and maintain the appointments diary
- Taking minutes of meetings and typing up to agreed deadlines
- Prepare correspondence, documents and meeting papers
- Booking travel, accommodation, and processing expenses
- Update all admin and casework - ensuring the Regional Officer feedback in a timely manner
- Support ongoing campaigns, by updating and maintain membership lists
- Assist in regional training events by sourcing venues and refreshments.
- Liaise with delegates and course tutors and assist in preparation of course materials and issue course certificates
- Assist in with the administration of industrial action ballots
- Assist with legal assistance applications - checking membership status, recording applications and liaising with solicitors
- Ensure office supplies are maintained
- Maintain sickness and health and safety records of the Regional team
- Good education - GCSE (inc Maths and English) or equivalent
- Previous experience of working in a Trade union or not for profit organisation would be an advantage
- Strong admin and organisational skills
- Previous secretarial experience including Minutes of meetings
- Ability to juggle changing deadlines and prioritise own workload
- Excellent communication skills to build relations with both members, staff at all levels and external companies.
- Ability to research and prepare information.
- Good MS Office skills
Hybrid working: 2/3 days in the office - 2/3 days at home.
Salary: £39,918 (includes London Waiting £5,058)
Annual leave: 35 days pro rata
Location: London NW1
Commence 4th December (Closed 22nd Dec -2nd Jan) - Interviews to be held week commencing 13th December
Temp 3 months or Possibly Temp - Perm
This is a Temporary role whilst recruitment for a Permanent member is sourced.