City of London
Up to £60000 per annum + Benefits
24 days ago
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Technical Services Manager working for my client a global Insurance firm.
You will be working closely with the London Services Manager and Regional Facilities Manager. Providing building engineering services technical support and assistance across all sites. Ensuring that statutory, mandatory, and contractual compliance relating to the planned and reactive maintenance of all engineering services assets & for projects as and when they arise.
- Investigating and proposing best engineering solutions to deliver optimum commercial and business impacts.
- Strategic development of maintenance, compliance and lifecycle plans across the UK estate.
- Communication of this strategy to senior management & operational personnel, translating technical jargon and data into manageable and understandable reports for the business.
- Achieving good practice across sustainability/ESG principles.
- Supporting operational teams on incident management
- Liaising with subcontractors
- Support CRES (Contract Management for Real Estate) team and develop processes to ensure client standards are implemented when on-boarding new businesses firstly as part of merger & acquisition projects and secondly when opening new offices.
- Maintain existing relationships with the Business key stakeholders and respond to their requirements as appropriate.
- Provide support where necessary on management of existing key CRES contracts.
- Contribute to the BCP duties; updating and planning for the eventuality of an incident to assist in the recovery of the business.
- Provide periodical reporting to Head of Facilities.
- Represent the CRES team with integrity and professionalism and strive to achieve good customer service in all aspects of the role
- Ensure a culture of transparent communication is in place and actively followed.
- Occasional travel to other offices and sites within London
- Excellent knowledge of building engineering systems supported by technical qualifications in an engineering/building services discipline
- Proven track record in building services and plant engineering; experience in resolving maintenance technical issues and in managing multiple projects
- Strongly Client focused, able to take ownership of projects and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- A flexible approach - essential to effectively undertake the requirements of this role
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Organised, proactive and self-motivated
- Excellent report processing; both planned and reactive
- Proficient in range of Microsoft applications
- Flexibility & multi-tasking
- Ability to work under pressure
Experience and Professional qualifications
- Minimum IOSH Managing safely
- Excellent knowledge of engineering/building services
- Minimum 5 years mechanical and electrical experience
- Multi-site management and coordination
- Working with external Contractors
This is a permanant role, paying £60,000 - £60,000 with company benefits