£25000 - £27000 per annum
about 2 months ago
International bank based in Cheshire, are looking to hire a Trade Finance Officer to join their expanding Operations Department. They're looking for a dynamic team worker who is adaptable and prepared to take on challenging and varied initiatives within a rapidly developing business. Working under your own initiative and across a variety of different business areas you will have experience of delivering excellence as part of a multifunctional team whilst maintaining exceptional levels of quality, professionalism and at all times. You'll be responsible for the administration of all operational aspects of trade finance products.
Main responsibilities will also include;
- Assist with the resolution of corporate customers' queries and concerns, as well as liaising with and providing advice to internal Corporate Relationship Managers.
- Develop your knowledge and compliance of rules and procedures with regards to country sanctions and money laundering ('know your customer').
- Support colleagues that are transacting with other bank's (SWIFT) and maintain good banking relationships.
- Assist with foreign and sterling payments (CHAPS), account reconciliation and monitoring currency risk.
- Issuing, advising, documents checking, payments, amendments, Guarantees, Standby Letters of Credit etc. in accordance with regulations and customer requirements whilst adhering to strict deadlines.
- Administration of all operational aspects of trade finance products.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates need the following experience and skills;
- Educated to degree level
- Technical knowledge of letters of credit, collections, payments, documents checking, guarantees, standby letters of credit and back to back letters of credit.
- CDCS qualification (Preferably)
- Relevant experience in specialism (trade finance) - The aptitude to take on board technical knowledge of letters of credit, collections, guarantees, standby letters of credit and back to back letters of credit. (Issuing, amending, maintaining and cancelling of both domestic and foreign Guarantees and Standby Letters of Credit, in accordance with regulations and customer requirements whilst adhering to strict deadlines.)
- A keen eye for detail
- Accurate and timely data inputting and administration
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Self-motivation and good attitude to work
- Meticulous and good team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Knowledge of Loan IQ and Swift Alliance would be an advantage.
- Previous financial services experience would be beneficial.