City of London, London
about 1 year ago
Product Controller to work in a Mid-Tier Bank based in the City. The role will focus primarily on PL and Risk production, which involves facing off to traders and other key stakeholders such as the price verification team, financial control (month-end reconciliations) and the middle office (trade capture) team.
The duties will include the following:
- Manage the production and analysis of daily P&L and risk sensitivities.
- Obtain necessary sign-off from Front-Office (Traders) of the reported Risk and P/L
- Preparation of daily reporting for review and submission to stakeholders
- Liaises with other teams to ensure breaks are cleared on a timely basis
- Month end process ensuring all month end requirements set by the Financial Controllers are met, within a specified timetable
- Manage relationships with controlling management, financial control, middle office, legal, market risk management
- Balance sheet substantiation
You must have product control or relatable experience from a Bank/Financial Services and be an ACA Qualified Accountant. You will be a control-focused individual with an excellent attention to detail and the ability to analyse problems and implement solutions. You will also have a willingness to learn and be interested in the products and in technical challenges.