£35000 - £42000 per annum
3 months ago
This is an exciting opportunity for a "hands on" accountant to work within an established Bank in their London office located in the heart of the city. This role will report directly into the Financial Controller. Previous Banking experience is a must to be considered for this position.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Assist in the production of accurate monthly management information pack
- Preparation of daily LCR and ILAAP reports, with analysis of significant movements and reconciliation of the ILAAP to Net assets.
- Assist with weekly monitoring of capital requirements.
- Collation of data for ALMM reports
- Development and maintenance of robust MI system for internal and externa reporting including the update of static tables in reporting application(s).
- Monthly review of static data within the core banking application to ensure updates are applied and accuracy and completeness of data for reporting.
- Systems and procedure documentation.
- To develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal departments to ensure accuracy and consistency of data provided
- Reporting on new regulations and accounting standards as wells as carrying out impact assessment on the bank's reporting and business activities
- User acceptance testing specially around new products
- Maintenances on the core banking application
- Person/Experience required:
- A part qualified accountant with knowledge of management financial and regulatory requirements as they apply to UK.
- 2-3 years' experience in the financial services industry related to reporting process and systems
- In-depth accounting knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Systems implementations and testing in a banking environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform under pressure
- Excellent communications skills
- A flexible approach to working hours is a pre requisite as on occasions there will be a need to put in extra hours
- Advanced excel knowledge (Pivot tables, Lookup functions, Macros)
- Good project management skills
- Good analytical and time management skills
- Excellent team player
- Drive, motivation and initiative.