£23000 - £27000 per annum + study support
21 days ago
TITLE: Accounts Assistant
A music specialist practice firm are looking to hire an Accounts Assistant to join their growing team. They offer a structured progression path within the company and therefore this role will suit an ambitious individual with the passion to qualify as an accountant.
The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for providing a professional and timely accounting service in respect of payments of invoices and expenses through the Purchase Ledger.
Ensure that a professional service is provided to the business and external parties such as suppliers and subcontractors.
- Managing Supplier Accounts split with the rest of the team.
- To ensure all relevant documentation related to payment of invoices is accurate and attached, such as bank details, company addresses and purchase orders.
- To provide point of contact with all creditors who may have queries regarding outstanding invoices, or staff/ non staff expenses.
- Processing and tracking business rates, council tax and utilities.
- Tracking and managing meter readings.
- Ensure correct coding of invoices.
- Ensure the timely payment of CIS/VAT returns and payments.
- Resolving Invoice queries in a timely manner.
- Liaising with suppliers and staff.
- Processing payment runs.
- Reconciling supplier statements.
- Assistance with insurance and rental properties
- Support Purchase Ledger Manager and Finance Controller
- 6 months minimum experience within purchase ledger
- Currently studying towards AAT/ACCA/CIMA
- Motivated with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Good organisational skills
- Professional approach and high level of discretion.
- Team player, willing to learn and get involved with a wide range of tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions.
- IT literate, including good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Keen interest in the Music industry
Salary: £23000 - £27000 dependant on experience