North London, London
£24000 - £26000 per annum
AF - AA_1537200576
3 months ago
My client is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates for an Assistant Accountant position (12-month maternity leave cover, with the potential of extension), based in North London and then back to Central in October.
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, this role will be responsible for the following:
- Month-end balance sheet reconciliations
- Processing of all monthly journal entries, including accruals and prepayments
- Working with Senior Accountant to help ensure month end reporting is completed within deadlines
- Liaising with the Fixed Asset manager to ensure items are capitalized in a timely manner
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register
- Preparation of BAS and FBT returns
- Assisting with year-end, including assisting with audit queries, preparation of audit files and assisting with notes to the financial statements.
- End to end payroll processing for salaried staff
- Maintaining and updating employee records in the payroll system.
- Reconciling various payroll expenses
- Complying with relevant legislation and regulations (e.g. Superannuation Guarantee, ATO, State Taxes, workers compensation, etc.).
- Preparation and reconciliation of superannuation, payroll tax, PAYG and workers compensation obligations.
- Ensure compliance with year-end payroll processes, including annual payroll tax, payment summary and workers compensation reconciliations.
- Dealing with payroll queries from employees
- Ad hoc accounting functions
To be successful in this role you will possess the following inherent requirements:
- Proven experience working in finance/accounting
- Understanding of accounting concepts and legislation
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues
- Currently studying or completed AAT/ACCA/ACA