£30000 - £35000 per annum
4 months ago
POSITION: Assistant Financial Accountant
SALARY: £30000 - £35000
LOCATION: South West London
- Assist with European reporting timetable and assisting with compliance by in-country teams.
- Assist with the year end audit process at both group and local levels including liaising with external audit firms, accounting for audit adjustments, prepare/review consolidation and prepare/review financial statements. Ensure adherence to IFRS/Local GAAP including all new standards and amendments.
- Responsibility for the management reporting packs for several different hospitality related investments to third party investors and lenders in Europe on a quarterly/monthly/annual basis.
- Liaise with hotel financial controllers to undertake quarterly balance sheet reviews and P&L reviews to facilitate reporting. Ensure quality of underlying TBs provided by hotel financial controllers or external accountants by applying appropriate controls, processes and quality reviews throughout the year including performing regular balance sheet reviews and profit and loss reviews at hotel/operational entity level. Focusing on debtor and creditor balances, ageing analysis/issues and other accounting and collection matters.
- Produce quarterly IFRS consolidated group accounts for hotel groups for reporting for investors.
- Provide fast and accurate analysis and calculations to assist the wider Finance team
- Responsible for corporate cost budgets for all investment and property holding entities together with regular actual to budget updates.
- Monitoring capital expenditure for each hotel refurbishment project for cash and accounting impacts/optimisation.
- Monitor financial statement compliance of entities within the investments ensuring no deadlines are missed within countries and liaising with the Tax Manager as required.
- Liaise with European teams in Frankfurt, Luxembourg, Netherlands and local hotel finance teams as required (with some travel required).
- National Statistics compliance
- Assist local level accountants with double entry bookkeeping
- Perform quarterly balance sheet reviews and profit and loss reviews for a selection of holding companies.
- Review VAT and CIT returns
- Prepare or review year-end tax provisions and tax reconciliation notes for the annual accounts
- Assist the Finance team with ad-hoc finance tasks
- Some travel overseas required a few times a year to visit clients.
- 1 - 3 years experience
- Good academic background
- IFRS/UK GAAP experience
- Intermediate Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs)
- Bright, vibrant and sociable in personality
- Strong communicator able to liaise with a variety of different parts of the business
- Oracle experience - desired but not essential