£35000 - £40000 per annum + study support
7 months ago
A leading fund administrator are looking to hire a part qualified Financial Account Manager to join their growing team. They offer a structured progression path within the company and therefore this role will suit an ambitious individual with the passion to qualify as an accountant.
This senior accounting role in the corporate service team is responsible for the financial administration and accounting related functions for a portfolio of international clients within diverse industries. The candidate will need to demonstrate a desire to grow both personally and professionally within the company given the excellent learning and experience platform the role provides.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, intelligent, ambitious team player with strong communication skills who will recognise the opportunities presented by a growing business in a global listed firm. They will work closely with all business areas to assist in ensuring our strong client relationships and high service levels are maintained and enhanced.
- Recording client transactions in designated accounting software, ensuring all transactions are recorded timely and accurately
- Preparation of monthly and/or quarterly management accounts
- Preparation of annual statutory financial statements in accordance with UK GAAP and IFRS
- Preparation of group consolidated statutory accounts under IFRS
- Preparation of tax declarations to UK tax authorities
- Provide Audit assistance, serving as main point of contact for statutory audits of clients
- Responsible for the timely and accurate execution/verification of client payment instructions
- Responsible for the management of client banking accounts and necessary banking administration
- Attend clients' meetings and demonstrate professional rapport with all clients
- Assist with the set-up of newly on-boarded companies
- Ad-hoc project work
- Part qualified ACCA/CIMA candidate
- Strong technical accounting skills, thorough knowledge of FRS 102 and working knowledge of IFRS
- Previous experience in preparing statutory financial statements under UK GAAP
- Understanding of VAT and experience in preparing and submitting VAT returns
- Excellent Excel and Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation
- A strong desire to exceed expectations
- The ability to prioritise effectively in order to meet conflicting deadlines within the context of a demanding workload
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team, both within finance and a multi-disciplinary setting.
- The ability to be flexible and pro-active in meeting the ever-changing requirements of our clients.
- Desire to continuously improve and streamline processes to make a meaningful contribution to the company's performance
Salary: £35000 - £40000