City of London, London
£55000 - £65000 per annum
9 months ago
Growing Fintech business who are expanding their team require an Assistant FC. You will be part of a small team of finance professionals working to maintain control and transparency of the company's International finances. Your role will cover financial and management accounting and enable you to learn a broad spectrum of tasks.
Your goal will be to contribute to building an effective finance department and help the wider team understand financial results and impacts. This role is suited to you if you see efficiencies and make improvements in all that you do. The business is offering career progression to a Financial Controller in the next 12 months.
- Preparation of monthly Income Statement to tight deadlines
- Full monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Embedding and management of the Revenue Assurance process throughout the European operations
- Continuous improvements to financial control/workings to further streamline the finance function
- Manage preparation and submission of European VAT returns across c10 countries
- Managing short term cash flow forecasting and ensuring consistency with the long term plan
- Providing finance and operational support to the wider business and impact operational change
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and process and suggesting improvements where needed
- Preparation of the annual accounts and liaising with our auditors
- Assist with other accounting projects on an adhoc basis
This role will suit you if you are a Qualified Accountant with approx. 3 - 5 years PQE and ambition to develop to be an FC. You need excellent attention to detail, strong organisational skills and determination to get things done as well as a willingness to roll your sleeves up & get involved with a wide variety of tasks and projects. This is a great opportunity to develop your career.