City of London, London
£162 - £185 per hour
4 months ago
Our Client, a global media company is looking to recruit a new member of the team with experience using SOX and internal auditing. They operate under a strict governance structure. We are regularly audited by Internal Audit, Internal Trading Audits, Sox audits, External audits. An additional team member is now required in order to get the audits completed by their deadlines. In addition, we need to report on our corporate and social sustainability. This role will function as our own internal auditor preparing us for audits, and post-audit following up ensuring we improve on any audit issues.
Responsibilities to the Candidate
- Coordinate with all responsible to prepare the necessary information for audits
- Establish, improve and maintain accounting practices and operating procedures across the agencies - together with Head of Operations and Head of Reporting
- Daily reconciliation of sub-system report against Finance ERP, resolve reconciling issues within agreed time frames for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger accounts.
- Bank deposit allocation processed accurately and within agreed time frames.
- Perform Accounts Payable duties including data entry and processing EFT payments.
- Ensure payments are authorised in accordance within delegation authority
- Experience in Treasury Back Office Settlements.Organise and prepare supporting documentation and information requests for Auditors (Internal, Sox, Sustainability)
- Cheque receipting and allocations.
- Ensure we implement SOX processes, and follow up on audit action plans
- Ensure compliance with TFA policies, audit and SOX requirements.
- Implement continuous process improvements in areas of responsibility.
To ensure your success in this role, ideally you will have:
- Intermediate Accounting Knowledge
- Experience in high volume processing
- Experience in Business Process Improvement
- Ability to work to tight deadlines on a regular basis
- Experience in detailed reconciliations utilising high analytical and investigative skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work as a team player
- Advanced Excel skills - Vlookups, Pivot Tables
- Have worked with Sox
- Experience with auditing