City of London, London
£26000 - £28500 per annum + Study Support
about 2 months ago
KennedyPearce are now recruiting an Assistant Accountant on behalf of a global music media company in London.
This role reports into the Senior Management Accountant with the Management Accountant reviewing day-to-day activities. Under the guidance and instruction of the SMA and MA, this role will have responsibility for the preparation of the profit & loss account, balance sheet reconciliations and detailed reporting relating to revenues and costs on a monthly basis. In addition, they will assist with preparation of the revised forecasts, annual budget and statutory audit.
- Timely monthly completion of the company management accounts with responsibility for reviewing the general ledger - to include: making accruals, correcting coding, reviewing the purchase order, depreciation and prepayments models prior to posting by Accounts Payable into the general ledger to ensure accurate accounting of costs.
- Responsible for maintaining detailed departmental cost schedules in order to track and understand actual costs versus budget and revised
- Ensure budget holders are fully informed of their spend against budget and revised forecast including the preparation of monthly P&L's and assisting with ad hoc cost queries.
- Maintain detailed revenue schedules analysing variances to budget and providing summarised information for management decision making
- Attend monthly meetings with budget-holders to ensure effective two-way communication regarding budgets
- Proactively review the company's cost base, performing detailed analysis and recommending
- Responsible for running and checking the P&L, Balance Sheet and Trial Balance each month in order to ensure all figures balance and are
- Preparation of the Profit & Loss schedules for Board and Finance Committee
- Completion of owned balance sheet reconciliations and schedules ensuring any variances are fully investigated and adjustments made
- Assist with preparing budget templates and analysis to support budget review
- Play a part in the interim & main statutory audit by preparing schedules and reconciliations and answering auditor queries.
Up to 12 months expericne working in a finance focussed enviroment.
Ideally at a Part Qualfied level in ACCA/CIMA
Strong Excel Skills
This role is paying up to £28,000 + Study Support