City of London, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum
7 months ago
City based International Bank are looking to recruit an Assistant Manager to join their expanding Ship & Aviation Finance department. You will take primary responsibility for the ongoing monitoring of the loans in the Bank's Aviation Finance portfolio and to take a leadership role in any prospective future Facility Agency and/or Security Trustee activities in the Aviation sector. Main responsibilities will include;
- To carry out regular covenant compliance checks for each of the loan facilities in the Aviation Finance portfolio, in accordance with the requirements stipulated in each loan agreement and any applicable additional internal rules.
- From time to time, as required, to support team colleagues in carrying out regular covenant compliance checks for each of the loan facilities in the Shipping Finance sector.
- To maintain and update the relevant internal monitoring databases to reflect the results of the periodic covenant monitoring (including recording of financial information for borrowers and sponsors) and to carry out any other regular internal reporting that may be required.
- To act as the primary point of contact for external parties in relation to the ongoing management of each Aviation Finance loan and to receive and review any requests from Borrowers for waivers or other changes to the facilities.
- To manage the internal process of reviewing, processing and responding to any waiver requests, following consultation with Front Office (which remains responsible for the credit), Loan Administration and any other appropriate departments. This function may involve drafting memos for submission to senior management and/or Global Credit Supervision Department, under the control of the relevant Front Officer.
- To help coordinate the Bank's regular Asset Assessment process in relation to the loans in the Ship & Aviation Finance portfolio. This will include preparation of reporting paperwork for each transaction for approval by the relevant Front Officer.
- Whenever the Bank is appointed to act as Facility Agent on any Aviation Finance transaction, to take responsibility for all non-administrative aspects of the agency role. This includes managing communications between the Borrower and the bank syndicate, handling any requests for waivers or other changes and coordinating lenders' actions following any defaults or other problems.
- Whenever the Bank is appointed to act as Security Trustee on any Aviation Finance transaction, to take responsibility for all associated activities, including handling all necessary registrations of security, ensuring safe custody throughout the life of the facility and carrying out any appropriate reporting from time to time.
- To assist Front Officers with gathering and checking information required for the Bank's periodic "Know Your Customer" checks and in preparing the associated paperwork.
- To carry out such other duties as may be requested from time to time by the Head of Department, the General Manager or other appropriate members of the senior management team.
To be considered for this position, candidates will be preferably ACIB/degree qualified with at least 2 years of "Middle Office", agency and security trustee experience, preferably in the Aviation and/or Shipping Finance sector, gained within a recognised Bank actively engaged in international syndicated lending. Strong numeracy and familiarity with financial and credit analysis techniques is also required.