City of London, London
£80000 - £85000 per annum
8 months ago
An opportunity to work for a mid-tier bank in Central London as a Capital Adequacy Reporting Manager. The role sits in Regulatory Reporting and Change and requires you to have the relevant Capital Adequacy experience from another Investment Bank as well as a related degree/qualification. You must be able to demonstrate experience in a regulatory, risk or product control function in an investment banking environment and have an understanding of investment banking products including their economics and risk profiles and support of front office stakeholders.
This VP level role takes on responsibility for various tasks as well as managing a small team. Your duties will be the execution and control of the production of daily, weekly and periodic regulatory management information including:
- Capital by desk reporting specifically counterparty/credit risk, all market risk calculations and maintenance of appropriate adjustments and resultant key internal and external ratio metrics.
- Daily large exposure monitoring, ensuring adherence to PRA limits and providing concise analysis and commentary on variances.
- Reports and commentaries for Risk/Exec Committees.
- Assisting in the planning control and execution of CoRep Prudential and Statistical Regulatory Reporting to external bodies including: CoRep submissions; Own Funds, Large Exposures and Leverage Ratio. Plus monthly Bank of England Statistical reporting .
- Support firm wide Brexit planning initiatives and support resultant reporting requirements.
- Drive provision of regulatory advice to front office business and support analysis and what if scenarios, making reference to the CRR rules as appropriate. Key focus on providing relevant advice on market and credit risk eg on fixed income interest rate products.
- Apply detailed understanding and interpretation of the CRR (and Bipru as necessary) rules and how these should be reported under COREP.
- The execution and improvement of BAU controls over and UAT, parallel testing of relevant platforms and processes that that support core Capital Adequacy, Large Exposure and Leverage Ratio reporting.
- Assist with insight, ideas and proactive support to help drive target operating model discussions as to reporting architecture improvements and alignment to overall finance operating model. Work closely with other Finance teams (and Risk Management Dept. where necessary) to drive consistency of reporting, reduction of duplication and streamlining of reporting processes.
- Support regulatory projects
- Support planning, resource allocation, management oversight as necessary (including post implementation stabilisation) of internal and external change programs that impact own sphere of influence.
- Actively participate team involvement in cross departmental objectives e.g. annual stress testing and business planning cycles
As a Manager you will be expected to drive and instil strong levels of personal values and collaboration. You will mentor and support team members as necessary and drive enhanced responsibility and reporting excellence. This includes planning team resources and set objectives for the team.
This role requires strong experience of PRA BIPRU and CRR (CRD IV) rulebooks and external PRA/CRR and Bank of England returns and reporting. You will have involvement with change management programmes and a knowledge of a broad range of financial products (in particular fixed income and related derivatives) and ability to decompose each product into their underlying risks.