Our client are looking to recruit a Card Operations Team Leader and Analyst to join their rapidly expanding Operations department. The overall purpose of the role will be to perform operational tasks to facilitate the build work for card acquiring system and supporting day to day running of our client's Card Acquiring services.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Provide support on building Card Acquiring processing platform from Operation perspective; Managing/Tracking Card Acquiring requirements from Operations perspective, Preparing UAT test cases and managing UAT execution for Card acquiring system & Preparing and mapping Card acquiring Operations procedures
- Provide day to day oversight and management of all card processes including but not limited to: Handling of Chargebacks/Disputed transactions, Managing day-to-day transaction rejects / Merchant queries, Support Fraud operational activity for Card Acquiring, Merchant blocking, Scheme reporting, Scheme rejects & Card Reconciliation, Merchant Reconciliation, Card Settlement and Merchant Settlement (liaise with the Finance Team when necessary).
- Act as a point of escalation to resolve customer, internal and/or external bank queries relating to cards operations in a timely manner and in line with service levels
- Enable a culture of continuous improvement of our processes and workflows by proactively working with your colleagues to identify areas for improvement and suggesting solutions for the operations system, communicating these to the Team leader of Operations and others;
- Build and maintain relationships with customers, card schemes and colleagues ensuring the service provided is of a high standard, making recommendations to improve services on an ongoing basis;
- Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of Schemes rules, AML, KYC, Fraud, banking sanctions and FCA regulations to ensure that handling of customer accounts and client funds fully complies at all times within these rules and guidelines, assisting with risk mitigation by following all established controls and challenging any areas where there is a potential/perceived shortfall with proposals for improvement;
- Produce any reports and management information on an as needed basis
- Support the Operations Team Leaders and others with ad hoc requests, projects or routine duties.
- Act as a delegate for Card Operations Team Leader as and when required
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must meet the following criteria in terms of experience and skills;
- Ideally at least 3-5 years of experience in cards industry, including knowledge of acquiring processes
- Good evidence of operational skillset;
- Strong communication skills with an ability to engage with various levels of seniority internally and externally;
- Must have come from a customer service focused background/have a good understanding of banking in general;
- Must be a self-motivated individual with good attention to detail, commercial awareness with good judgement and decision-making skills