Up to £45000.00 per annum
15 days ago
My Client, a prestigious real estate investment firm based in Mayfair, are looking for a Banking Controller to join their team. Successful candidates will have proven experience with Cash Management within a Real Estate/Property environment.
As a Banking Controller you will be responsible for:
- Further develop and maintain a 'best in class' cash management service
- Responsible for day to day relationships with banks and managing agents
- Manage internal compliance, authorised signatories and other internal stakeholder needs
- Negotiation of bank terms and charges
- Opening (and closing) of bank accounts and integration of bank software and relative procedures and controls (e.g. KYC, bank signatories etc.)
- Define and develop cash management and investment procedures / policies in line with group directives. Ensure adherence to these controls and procedures including maintenance of security and integrity of all banking applications and systems
- Evaluate, recommend and implement new cash management products / software to optimise cash management
- Delivery of internal cash management reports as required
- Manage cash calls and distributions for Funds & separate accounts - including monies to/from property managers
- Maintain complete and accurate records of c. 160 direct and indirectly managed bank accounts
- Ensure all payments and receipts are actioned, posted and allocated onto the accounting system in a timely manner
- Undertake periodic reconciliation of all bank accounts within agreed timescales, ensuring timely resolution of differences
- Support execution of new initiatives to add further efficiencies and effectiveness to the UK banking operations and, potentially, leveraging or consolidating with Continental Europe.
- Work with the Operations Director / Head of Finance with aim of providing a flexible support service to the Finance team's operations and recommending change improvements - potentially consolidating work under Cash & Banking previously spread across multiple Controllers.
As a Banking Controller you will need:
- Ideally 4+ years' experience of cash management operations (ideally within real estate industry)
- Strong working knowledge of on-line banking systems - with a 'change' mind-set and inquisitive of development of software solutions.
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and work under pressure; self-motivated, takes initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills - with a commercial 'can-do' mind-set
- Ability to work as part of the team and with a 'client-service' mentality to both internal & external clients
- Diplomatic in resolution of issues with third parties
- PC and general IT literacy essential