£120000 - £130000 per annum
29 days ago
Reporting directly to the CEO, the CFO has overall responsibility for management of the firm's financial resources and the production and integrity of the firm's financial information and its regulatory reporting under the regulatory system, In line with the statements of responsibility under the Senior Managers Regime.
A key member of the Executive Committee, working closely with the CEO to develop, design and deliver the strategy and Business Plan.
- Provision of robust and targeted Management Information, regular reporting and data analysis to senior management and the Board to enable effective monitoring/control of the business and for informed decision making
- Regulatory reporting - preparation and submission of regulatory returns (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually).
- Preparation of financial commentary based on financial data, trend and variance analysis for relevant business areas/functions, Board Reports and CEO
- 2nd line defence to challenge management and the business areas when necessary
- Supervision and performance management of direct reports - setting objectives, regular reviews and staff development.
- Oversee and supervise the following activities carried out by the finance function:
- Engagement with Suppliers: utilities, phone, council etc.
- Fixed assets register maintenance and depreciation schedule preparation
- Petty cash transactions - control and reconciliation
- Prepayments and Accruals
- Invoice processing
- Payment processing requests
- Expense form processing
- Intercompany accounts
- VAT and other tax returns
- Monitoring and maintenance of the General Ledger, Financial accounts and Management accounts including back up, supporting schedules and reconciliations and Journal posting for month end and year end accounts
- Optimise Finance team resourcing to ensure best utilisation of time and effort to deliver target results.
- Improve, develop, and maintain financial processes to ensure effective running of the business area, ensuring procedures are put in place to execute the tasks effectively.
- Prepare, review, maintain and update finance documentation, including Finance Process and procedures Manual
- Payroll preparation in conjunction with HR
In-depth knowledge and experience of:
- Finance Function in a financial institution
- IFRS Accounting rules and industry standards
- PRA and FCA Regulations and reporting rules
- UK Company Legislation
- Financial planning, forecasting, budgeting and data analysis
- Financial reporting and management information provision