City of London, London
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a Senior Fund Controller with experience in property funds, ideally you will have debt funds and/or loans too. The role is replacing a member of the team who has been with the business for a number of years and manages one person.
As the role is working alongside a Senior Controller and assisting more junior members of the team you must have the relevant experience to be selected.
The role deals with the management of the accounting, consolidation and reporting processes for two funds, including quarterly/annual financial statements, investor reporting, annual financial accounts and investor requests. You will oversee the audit and tax compliance processes, including fee negotiations, scope determination, appointment and co-ordination of external advisers. Other duties include:
- Serving as a single point of contact for internal fund managers, portfolio & asset managers and administrators.
- Responsible for cash management of the funds including calculation of investor calls and distributions
- Liaise with the wider Finance functions and ensure all information and reporting requirements are provided in an accurate and timely manner - including budgeting and forecasting.
- Assist in due diligence and structuring of new debt investments.
- Manage the loan agency aspects of the loans/investments within the two funds including ongoing preparation of interest payment statements, compliance testing, valuations instructions and dealing with borrower requests
- You will need to have deep understanding of the loan investment portfolio.
Ideally you will be a qualified accountant but QBE will also be considered as experience in debt funds and/or loans is most important.
You will also have strong technical accounting skills and gravitas to liaise at all senior levels is essential.