£65000 - £80000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Prestigious International Bank based in the West End of London, are looking to recruit a Deputy Operations Manager. This is very much, a hands-on position, you'll be expected to fully understand, to an advanced level, all aspects of Operations including both Asset Management, Treasury and Banking. The role will further require a thorough understanding of all products as well as the interaction between the business, other support areas and Operations in addition to being a specialist in the delivery of all support services for the Asset Management and Treasury business. Hybrid working on offer!
Main responsibilities will include;
- Processing and controlling the daily workflow of all Securities transactions executed by Financial Markets on behalf of Discretionary and Fund business lines including: Instructing, confirming and settlement of trades, Fails Management, Capital and Income Corporate Action events, Dividend and income administration, Static data maintenance and Stock and cash reconciliations
- Managing the EMIR, MiFIR and SFTR related reporting exceptions including enhancements to support new funds and instruments
- Processing of Trade Finance transaction cycle processing for Discretionary and Fund business lines
- Understanding and ability to fully support the Treasury and Banking settlement processes under our client's outsource provider
- New instrument evaluation and testing
- New fund process mapping and testing
- Ensuring that Operational Resilience and Important Business Services are fully supported in line with regulatory requirements
- Representation at key working groups and committees
- Ensure that all work processes are performed in line with operational procedures in a timely manner and controls are maintained
- Ensure the Department procedures are complete and fully up to date with current work processes and are read and understood on a regular basis.
- Be fully aware of all market deadlines and products supported by the Department.
- Ensure that key controls are identified in mitigation of risk, fully documented, performed and understood and regular reviews are performed.
- Undertake project tasks to support on-going system upgrades and implementations that are associated with the processes of the Department
- To be aware of regulatory and/or market developments applicable to your areas of responsibility.
- To ensure that you are aware of and understand the Business Continuity processes within your area of responsibility taking part in any relevant tests on an ongoing basis.
- Achievement of business or learning objectives as agreed with the Head of Operations.
- Communicate ideas and give recommendations to the Head of Operations on increasing efficiency, reducing operational risk and costs.
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as required by the Head of
- Ensure that monthly departmental statistical information is generated, verified and delivered to the Head of Operations within 5 business days following the month end date.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- Industry recognised qualifications related to the Securities Market - Investment Operations Certificate (CISI) or ESG Responsible Investment (PRI)
- Processing - Minimum 7 years experience covering all aspects of both Securities and Treasury settlement processing
- Project Related - Performing system validation tests and business impact analysis in support of key change demands
- Regulatory Reporting - Understanding and reporting of: MIFIR for securities and derivatives, EMIR for derivatives, SFTR for financing and Post Trade for all relevant transactions