City of London, London
£55000 - £65000 per annum
2 months ago
Finance Business Partner/Project accountant
Our client, one of the leading travel companies in the world is looking for a fun positive Project Accountant who was bitten by the travel bug to join their bubbly team on a 12 month contract. Previous experience with a travel company is absolutely essential.
The Project Accountant/Business Partner(you!) will be a key member of the Finance team that will help support the growth and development of the business.
We are ideally looking for a candidate who has done a lot of travelling or is currently on there travels to match the fun culture of the accounting team already working there.
- Project manage Finance systems projects and initiatives
- Analyse financial and project information, identifying opportunities/risks and recommending improvements.
- Support International Finance Director in integration projects
- Act as liaison between Finance and IT to ensure that Finance development and infrastructure needs are met
- Work closely with the Management Accounts team to ensure accurate and user-friendly reporting is available
- Work with Finance managers to identify and deliver operational improvements through automation
- Provide support and cover to the Systems Accountant to ensure that first line support is provided to finance tools
- Implementation and ongoing improving of processes
- Ensure that Finance systems are maintained in line with regulatory and tax environment
- Ad hoc support to Finance team
- Previous IT business partnering experience is essential
- Experience with travel companies is an absolute must.
- Previous Project Accounting experience with a travel company is essential, you will not be considered without it.
- Qualified Accountant ( ACA/CA/CA ANZ/CIMA/ACCA)
- Detail oriented and process focused with good organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills with adaptability and flexibility a must
- Ability to communicate at a high level to both internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis to assist in the controlling and forecasting of projects
- The ability to remain calm under pressure whilst working to and meeting required deadlines.
- Outstanding Excel skills are essential