City of London, London
£10 - £12 per hour
AF - GRAD - 29747_1548783273
3 months ago
The Big Picture:
Due to the increasing workload in my clients Finance Department, they have an immediate need for a Finance Graduate to support their team based in Central London.
The main focus of this role will be to drive the completion of routine finance processes that currently get delayed or aren't prioritised accordingly, with a view to improving the overall financial processes to make them simple and easy to complete.
What needs to be done?
Your immediate objectives will be to:
- Assist in all compliance reviews and reporting requirements internally and externally.
- Complete credit checks for new and existing customers and process any bank guarantee/bond requests delegated by our Finance Business Partner.
- Maintain ownership of dormant legal entities and work with the Finance Manager on liquidation processes.
- Ensure company policies, procedures and norms are followed for all proposals activities to ensure the highest level of quality.
- Apply academic learning to the workplace environment and contribute to the business through the application of skills and knowledge in undertaking work, development and activities.
What do you need to bring?
It is fundamental for you to have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and 1-2 years demonstrated work experience in a mid to large tier company.
You will have a very good knowledge of accounting systems and standards, exceptional analytical abilities with strong numerical accuracy and data entry skills.
You have excellent organisational skills and a results driven attitude and with your exceptional communication skills, you are confident communicating at all levels.
You have the ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
The following personal attributes and values will be highly regarded:
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
- The courage to speak up and challenge colleagues.
- Proactive, positive individual.
- An eagerness to make it happen.
- Ability to earn trust & respect in a short time frame.
- Dynamic and insightful approach.
- Strong sense of ownership.
This role is a 8 week contract that could possibly extend.